I enjoy links myself, so I thought you might want some too. Here, then:
- Graphs as art: Werner Vogels picks up the site graph meme with some nice visualizations of Amazon and A9.
- Knowing enough to be dangerous: Bad advice about Windows tweaking, debunked by Dr. Jason, who’s never happier than when he’s correcting misinformation.
- Flickr tag count comparison, where Nelson finds out what doesn’t influence interestingness. Highly recommended if you enjoyed infographics about Flickr massages.
- The response to the Mumbai bombings has been rather hushed. Both the attacks and the lack of discussion have been on my mind, Sepia Mutiny covers the topic well.
- Bomani Jones on Prince’s best work. I find myself in violent disagreement with the some of the assertions, despite being in complete agreement over the conclusions.
- Tim O’Reilly with four big ideas about open source. Especially compelling to me because, improbably, I’m keynoting (is that a verb?) the O’Reilly Open Source Conference in Portland next week.
- And then, finally, Concerning the platinum bitch. I’ve been meaning to write a post about Khia for about two years; Stephen beat me to it and now I don’t have to.